Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bird Beaks

I have been making most of my bird beaks from cloth. Turning the tiny things right side out has been a finger-cramping challenge. I have also made a few beaks with leather. These are easier, but I haven't been happy with the thickness of leather that I have. (The yellow is too thick and the turquoise is too thin - plus turquoise will only work on limited birds.)

I decided to break out the old toaster oven and polymer clay today. This was prompted by not being able to create a parrot beak with cloth. If I can attach the beaks successfully, these are much easier to make.

Nothing like a warm toaster oven on a cold winter day!

Varnished beaks ready for various birds

No comments:

Post a Comment